At a Viv Jordan workshop, you can expect to meet a friendly face who is thrilled and humbled that you've decided to sign up for one of her workshops. Viv enjoys teaching workshops because she loves working and interacting with people who are either creatively-minded or desire to insert a little more creativity into their life. You can expect to learn the basics of a new skill, how to think through practicing that skill, and how to apply that skill to add a little more beauty to your everyday. Thanks for stopping by and we look forward to lettering, drawing, and dancing with you soon!
Austin // 3.11.17
We’re excited to welcome Dallas-based hand letterer and stationery designer Viv Jordan for an intro to brush pen lettering. This workshop is tailored for people interested in refining their hand writing skills and learning the art of using a brush pen all while having a great time!
In this two hour class, Viv will walk you through the foundation of using and writing with a brush pen while also equipping you with a method to explore your own personal lettering style. You’ll learn the vocabulary necessary for understanding lettering, and then delve into lettering practices and drills to become familiar with the brush pen.
By the end of the workshop you’ll understand not only the best practices for writing with two brush pens loved by the lettering community, you’ll also have the knowledge of how to create a good composition for any custom lettering quotes you want to make for a card, your home or for a gift!
$125 // includes all supplies.
Each student will receive the following:
- 2 hrs of personalized (and super fun) instruction
- 1 Tombow Dual Brush Pen
- 1 Tombow Fude Hard Tip Pen
- A curated lettering packet with practice sheets and lettering composition guides
- a 5x7 print from Viv Jordan’s stationery line, Road Trip Paper
- 3 blank card + envelope set to encourage lettering your own card to mail out to loved ones
- Sips & Treats
- 10% off The Paper + Craft Pantry retail
All workshop sales are final — no refunds or exchanges. Ticket sales will end 24 hours prior to workshop.
Please be sure to read our Workshops FAQ and become familiar with our policies and procedures! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have successfully purchased the workshop, you should receive a confirmation for your seat. If you do not receive a confirmation, that means that we do not have record of you for this workshop.
Kansas City // 10.28.16 [SOLD OUT]
Thursday, October 6th, 7:00-9:00pm
Location: 3522 Genessee St. Kansas City, MO 64111
$100 // includes all supplies.
Viv Jordan and Emily Love Events are thrilled to partner together to bring Kansas City a beautiful workshop full of hand lettering and fun! In this workshop you will learn the introductory techniques to two brush lettering pens: the Tombow dual brush and the Tombow Fudensuke pen.
Students will receive:
- one Tombow dual brush pen
- one Tombow Fudensuke pen
- one lovely pencil
- a 5x7 print from Road Trip Paper by Viv Jordan
- lower-case alphabet lettering guide for both pens
- a curated set of worksheets to help stimulate your creativity and help you find your own style
- one set of blank cards and envelopes to create your own original hand lettered stationery
Other bonuses worth looking forward to:
- a beautiful atmosphere (always)
- drinks and light refreshments
- one-on-one interaction
- meeting cool people in your class
- Viv being really excited that you made it!
Dallas // 9.29.16 [SOLD OUT]
Dallas-based lettering and paper designer Viv Jordan is taking over the Flea Style office for an intro to hand lettering class. This workshop is tailored for people interested in refining their hand writing skills and learning the art of using a brush pen. Viv offers students introductory tips to navigate the Tombow dual-brush and Tombow Fudenusuke pens. Students will also enjoy wine, small bites and exclusive access to Flea Style's in-house retail store as well as a 10-percent coupon for all merchandise including Viv Jordan's stationery line Road Trip Paper.
- Date: Thursday, September 29, 2016
- Time: 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Location: Flea Style's Dallas office
- Class level: Beginner
- All supplies included
- Students take home the following supplies: A lettering packet, two brush pens, one pencil, a 5x7 print from Viv Jordan's line Road Trip Paper, and an info sheet with Viv's fave lettering artists and resources.
- Wine, small bites and dessert included
- Exclusive access to Flea Style's in-house retail store
- 10-percent discount on all Flea Style shop merchandise and Viv Jordan products
- Free Flea Style canvas tote bag